Thursday, April 9, 2009

Welcome Braeden!

Alright....

Once again, I am TOTALLY slacking, but it's the thought that counts.

Our wonderful little boy, Braeden Alexander was born March 13th, 2009 at 7:27pm weighing in at 6 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 19.5 inches. It was definitely a L-O-N-G day, but as all mom's say: totally worth it in the end. We went to the hospital at about 8:30 that morning and then I was taken into Labor and Delivery at about 10:00. (we had a few delays in getting to the hospital....Hayden hadn't finished her breakfast and didn't understand why all of the sudden we were trying to rush out the door after my doctor's nurse suggested I go in. lol)

He's now almost a month old and I love him to pieces. He's a very very good baby. I couldn't ask for better. :) He LOVES to cuddle with his momma. And I don't mind one bit. :) We're finding that he's a pleasant mix of both Matthew and I and have noticed that he DOES have some red in his hair so it should be VERY interesting to see what color it decides to be in the end!


He seems to be quite a fan of "Grandma Child" already, and I'm more than positive that the feeling is mutual. :) He'll get to meet "Grandpa Van Alfen" here at the end of the month for his baby blessing and we're very much looking forward to having him here. :)

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

How come I didn't know you posted!!

I love these pictures!